Scroll is a uniquely situated subscription service. Backed by Union Square Ventures and some of the largest publishers and platforms in the world, we are layering a better experience on existing user behavior instead of trying to explicitly create a new product environment. That brings with it unique opportunities and challenges as we look to add users. As we near launch, Scroll’s Head of Growth will be responsible for all user-facing elements of the Scroll experience that orbit the core product. From user acquisition, ongoing direct and public communications, customer service and retention efforts, the Head of Growth will ensure that Scroll is optimizing its ability to attract and keep subscribers.
This is a unique opportunity to be a foundational part of a very experienced team with an important mission—ensuring journalists get paid to report the stories important to democracy and giving readers a news experience that lets them focus and engage. We're building a faster, cleaner, ad-free subscription experience that works everywhere users find articles, currently in limited beta. Scroll is a Series A startup with eight employees (and growing!) between our NYC and Portland, OR offices (this role can be in either location, or both!). Learn more at scroll.com.
- Manage direct and partner acquisition channels
- Own Scroll’s social presence
- Test and optimize trials and pricing for each funnel
- Own paid acquisition strategy
- Manage customer service communications and any initial outsourcing
- Retention and reactivation messaging and offers
- Work with product on specing growth tools
- Own the budget and ROI targets for all growth initiatives
- 5-10 years experience in growth, marketing and/or customer insights
- Experience working with a digital consumer experience, subscription experience preferred
- Understanding of complex consumer business models
- Empathy with consumer needs
- Data analysis skills to identifying trends and product or communication-based solutions
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with a history of data driven prioritization
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Every employee is considered an owner of the company with competitive salary and equity packages.
We pay 90% of base health and dental insurance costs for employees and families
We have a flexible paid leave policy with minimum vacation requirements, and we don’t want to hear from you when you're on vacation.