We're looking for our first product person! You would work with the entire team—the founders, design, engineering, business—to shape and shepherd product from ideas through to building and evaluation.
This is a unique opportunity to be a foundational part of a very experienced team with an important mission—ensuring journalists get paid to report the stories important to democracy and giving readers a news experience that lets them focus and engage. We're building a faster, cleaner, ad-free subscription experience that works everywhere users find articles, currently in limited beta. Scroll is a Series A startup with eight employees (and growing!) between our NYC and Portland, OR offices (this role can be in either location!), and we're backed by top VCs and partnered with leading publishers. Learn more at scroll.com.
- Codifying features into specifications and big-picture UX flows
- Checking for loose ends and missed cases as features are being built, keeping timeline on track
- Working with design and marketing on tone and continuity, pitching in on copy writing and customer support
- Analyzing data on user acquisition, user health, and feature success, conducting a/b tests
- Working with design on collecting qualitative user feedback
- Performing competitive analysis on related products and flows
- Using input from across the company to prioritize and manage tasks and roadmap, together with the CTO
- Strong educational background
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of being organized, methodical, and proactive
- Curiosity, empathy, and design sense
- Knowledge of and interest in media and technology products, and the industry as a whole
- Basic quantitative analysis skills
- Ability to easily absorb and analyze new concepts
- Thoughtful about process and improvement
- Positive energy that helps motivate and excite others
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and pitch in on various roles
Always good to see
- Previous product management or product experience, ideally at a consumer technology company
- Technical degree, engineering knowledge, or experience working with engineering teams
- Experience with data analysis tools like SQL or Tableau
- Experience in the media industry
- Roles involving navigating among many stakeholders
As a consumer product, we’re especially dedicated to building a diverse team that reflects the audience we’re trying to serve. Sometimes, humility can prevent great people from applying for jobs. If you’re not sure about your fit, but this sounds like a job you would love to do, please get in touch.
- Every employee is considered an owner of the company with competitive salary and equity packages.
- We pay 90% of base health and dental insurance costs for employees and families
- We try to be as generous and flexible as possible when it comes to paid time off, and we don’t want to hear from you when you're on vacation.